CARROT SALAD WITH SPICED YOGURT AND PICKLED SHALLOT
Serves 4 as a side
* An easy and pretty side dish made even prettier if you can get your paws on rainbow carrots. It’s important not to overcook the carrots, mushy carrots are a huge bummer.
- 1 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb small carrots, assorted colors if desired, scrubbed and cut in half
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 medium shallot, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss carrots with oil and salt and pepper.
- Arrange carrots on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast until tender but still with a firm bite, about 20 minutes.
- While carrots cook, whisk yogurt, 1 tablespoon lime juice, honey, cumin, and fennel in a bowl with salt and pepper to taste - set aside.
- Add remaining lime juice to a bowl with shallot and let marinate at least 15 minutes.
- To plate: spoon yogurt onto a plate or platter, artfully arrange carrots, top with quick pickled shallots and cilantro leaves.
- Serve at room temperature.