*This recipe makes a light easy meal mid-week or unique salad to bring to a pot luck, leftovers make an impressive ‘desk lunch’
- 1 fennel bulb, cored, fennel fronds reserved
- 1 bunch radishes 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 small chili pepper (jalapeno or fresno), thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup capers, rinsed
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled, cooked and chilled
- 1 can Razor Clams, such as Donostia brand (you can substitute any cooked and chilled seafood you like)
- 1/3 cup mixed, chopped fresh herbs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Thinly slice fennel and radishes.
- If shrimp are large, slice in half.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and season with salt and pepper as needed, mix well so that all ingredients are incorporated.
- Chill for about 30 minutes so all ingredients come together and everything’s the same temperature.
- Serve on chilled plates with reserved fennel fronds for garnish.