*You can use any steak you want really, I found small strip steaks that fit English muffins perfectly, but if that’s proving difficult you can always slice the steak to the amount you want on each sandwich.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 NY strip steaks, about 4 oz per steak, about 1 1⁄2 inches thick
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 1 tablespoon greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, grated or finely minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 English Muffins
- Topping suggestions: lettuce, tomato slices, sliced red onion
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Brush steaks with oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Grill the steaks over moderately high heat, turning them occasionally, about 10 minutes for medium-rare meat.
- Let the steaks rest on a cutting board while you make the aioli.
- To prepare aioli, combine feta, mayo, yogurt, garlic, mint and pepper in a bowl and mix well, mashing the feta into the other ingredients.
- Butter English muffins and grill until desired toastiness is achieved.
- Build sandwiches by smearing aioli on English muffins, place cooked steak and top with desired veggies. I recommend a classic LTO.